To configure IMAP for your Symbian S60 device, just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP and enable IMAP in your Googlemail settings.
- Select 'Messaging' > 'Options' > 'Settings' > 'E-mail' > 'Mailboxes.'
- If you have never set up email on your phone before, select 'Yes' to define a new mailbox. If you already have other mailboxes, select 'Options' and then 'New mailbox.'
- Select 'Start' to begin the setup wizard.
- Select 'IMAP4' and then 'Next.'
- Enter your full email address (including '@your_domain.com') as the email address and select 'Next.' Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.'
- Enter 'imap.googlemail.com' as the incoming mail server and select 'Next.'
- Enter 'smtp.googlemail.com' as the outgoing mail server and select 'Next.'
- Select the appropriate access point and then 'Next.'
- Enter a descriptive name for the email account mailbox name.
- Once your mailbox is set up, select it from the email mailbox settings screen.
- Select 'Connection settings' > 'Incoming e-mail.'
- Enter your address (including ' @your_domain.com') and password.
- Select 'SSL/TLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '993.'
- Select 'Back.'
- Select 'Outgoing e-mail.'
- Enter your email address (including ' @your_domain.com') and password.
- Select 'StartTLS' for your security (ports) and define your port as '587.'
- Select 'Back' and change any other settings according to your preferences.
- Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
Google Email Uploader
- The Google Email Uploader is an open source desktop utility for Microsoft Windows. It uploads email and contacts from desktop email programs (like Microsoft Outlook®) into your Google Apps mailbox. It preserves information such as sent dates and sender/recipient data, as well as the folder structure used by email programs.